Is anxiety taking over your life? Does it feel like you can’t control it no matter how hard you try? Have you already tried therapy but found it ineffective?
If this sounds like you, We’re confident we can help. Our practice offers the most effective forms of treatment, to get the relief from anxiety that you deserve.
When it comes to treating anxiety disorders, research shows that therapy is usually the most effective option. That’s because anxiety therapy – as opposed to anxiety medication – treats more than just symptoms to the problem.
Common Symptoms of Anxiety
- Nervousness, restlessness or being tense
- Feelings of danger, panic or dread
- Rapid breathing or hyperventilation
- Increased or heavy sweating
- Trembling or muscle twitching
- Weakness or lethargy
- Difficulty focusing or thinking clearly about anything other than the thing you’re worried about
- Obsessions about certain ideas, a sign of obsessive-compulsive disorder
- Anxiety surrounding a particular life event or experience that has occurred in the past, a sign of post-traumatic stress disorder
Therapy can help to uncover the underlying causes of your worries and fears, learn how to relax, look at situations in a new, less frightening way, and develop better coping mechanisms and problem-solving skills. If you suffer from an anxiety disorder, we invite you to contact us today to schedule an appointment.
Want more information on anxiety? Check out these website resources.
- Anxiety Canada: Learn About Anxiety
- Canadian Mental Health Association: Anxiety Disorders
- Psychology Today: What is Anxiety?
A handy tool to have on your cell phone or laptop is the Free Mindshift APP with tools for relaxing and being in control of your anxiety. Download it today!